Thursday, November 10, 2011

John Harris style sketch

I recently returned from Illuxcon 4 where I picked up a few paintings and sketches.  While none of them were from John Harris, I already have a couple of his paintings and a couple of sketches as well here in the collection. I am a huge fan of John's, and I want to talk about him a lot more in the future.  I think he is one of the best painters around today, not just because of how he applies paint but because of his decision making process.

During Illuxcon he did a 2 hour painting demonstration which I attended with my buddy Arthur, and it was fantastic.  He ended it with a short speech of sorts which I really connected with. I know they were filming it and hopefully it will be made available at some point for those who were unable to attend. I would love to hear it again as well of course! Already being a huge John Harris fan I did a few sketches awhile back trying to emulate the approach and impact he gets in his paintings.  I took the best of these and worked it up a bit further and actually emailed it off to him to get some feedback.

He seemed to like the sketch and I am definitely going to be painting it after the Princess of Mars piece is complete.  I would love to hear what you think!







No comments:

Post a Comment