Wednesday, November 9, 2011

An Introduction

Hey everyone, I figure that I should probably start this blog by introducing myself. My name is Ryan Schutter, I am an illustration student and an art collector.  I intend to focus this blog on both of those pursuits.  I have titled it The Illustration Board after the small art community I run at TheIllustrationBoard.com

While my collection itself is not massive, I do have some very nice pieces and quite a few artists are represented. It is my hope to convey to the reader why I purchased the artwork I have purchased and to be as honest as I can about my thoughts on collecting, my own collection and illustration art in general.

As far as my own work is concerned, I will be posting progress on paintings as I work on them as well as drawings I may have done in class or while sitting around at some convention or restaurant.  Hopefully I will also be able to post little interviews with some of the artists I collect or other collectors as well.

Anyways, hope you find this blog interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment